After making headlines both in the UK and abroad last week, following the bench clearance in Basingstoke, the Peterborough DALROD Phantoms made another road trip to the South of England on Saturday, this time making the news for the right reasons.

The Cambridgeshire club showed fight in their game against the Bracknell Bees, but this time the fight was a spirited fightback back from being a goal down after under 30 seconds, to bring home the victory and their first road win of the new season.

The game started in the worse possible way for the Phantoms when from their first attack the Bees broke down the ice before getting the puck to the their Slovakian Sniper, Lukas Smital who fired the puck home to give the homeside the advantage with just 21 seconds on the clock.

The early setback didn’t affect the Phantoms, who last season won all 6 games against the Berkshire side, and you felt that the team believed that trend would continue this season. In the opening period the Phantoms outshot their hosts by a ration of 2:1 (16 shots to 8), but Tom Annetts in the Bee’s goal was proving to be a formidable barrier, stopping everything that came his way. With the Bees sitting back and letting the Phantoms attack, at the break everyone knew this wouldn’t remain a 1-0 game, and it was only a matter of time before the visitors drew level.

The second period started well for the Phantoms with both Ferrara’s coming close to breaking the deadlock before on 26.06 Milan Baranyk finally found a way past Annetts to draw the game level. With the Phantoms now back in the game they up’ed their tempo and layed seige to the Bracknell goal, looking to take the advantage, whilst the Bees looked to attack on the breakaway and punish the visitors. Just past the half way point of the game, Phantoms doubled their lead when James Ferrara found younger brother Luke who made no mistake in netting his second goal in three games.

Phantoms kept pushing forward, looking for the third goal which would give them some security, but the period closed with the Phantoms 2-1 up with 20 minutes to play.

The final period saw both teams looking for the important goal to take control of the game. Both Tom Annetts and Janis Auzins were called upon to make some great saves to deny both teams the goal. As the clock ticked down the large number of travelling Peterborough Supporters got louder and louder, willing their team onto victory and despite the Bees pulling their netminder for the extra skater in the final 25 seconds, it was the Phantoms who took the points and the victory.

Man of the Match awards went to Scott Spearing for the Bees and Defenceman Tom Norton for the Phantoms.

Full match stats are available HERE