The DALROD sponsored Peterborough Phantoms picked up another 2 points on Sunday with a hard fought 3-2 victory against the Manchester Phoenix.

It took 8 rounds of penalty shots before the Phantoms could claim the points against an opponent they heavily outshout throughout the 65 minutes of action.

The Phantoms took the lead on 12 minutes when Ales Padelek netted his second goal of the weekend, ably assisted by Milan Baranyk and Tom Norton.

The middle period saw the homeside heavily outshot as the Phantoms recorded 15 shots on Stephen Fone, whilst the Phoenix managed just 4 on Janis Auzins. Whilst Baranyk, Scott and James Ferrara all had chances to increase the Phantoms lead, Stephen Fone in the Manchester goal was playing a hilight reel game, pulling of saves from all around him.

The Phantoms onslaught continued in the final period,m where they again outshot their hosts 2:1.

On 49 minutes Robin Kovar drew the homeside level, but less than 80 seconds later the Phantoms regained the lead thanks to Milan Baranyk converting Ales Padeleks pass.

The Phoenix levelled for a second time just 44 seconds into  their powerplay after Lloyd Gibson was called for a High Stick on 55.32, when Robin Kovar once again found a way past Janis Auzins.

As the clock ran down, both teams took a point and the game went into 4-on-4 Overtime. Whilst Archer and Boothroyd went close for the Phoenix the 5 minutes were soon over and it was into penalty shots.

It was level after the first round of 3 shots, with just Michal Satek and Milan Baranyk finding the back of the net, so it was into Sudden Death.

Round after round saw Fone and Auzins deny the shooters, but on the 8th go Will Weldon netted for the Phantoms and it was left to Trent Hope to face Janis Auzins. Hope failed to convert and it was the Phantoms who claimed the extra point to keep them 5 points clear at the top of the league going into Christmas.

Man of the Match went to Robin Kovar for the Phoenix and Ales Padelek for the Phantoms.