The DALROD sponsored Peterborough Phantoms were forced to battle for the victory on Sunday when the Swindon Wildcats visited the Peterborough Arena.

The visitors were missing their usual netminder, Stevie Lyle, through injury, but Jordan Hedley did a good job in thwarting the Phantoms attacks throughout the evening.

The visitors took an early lead when Adam Harding fired past Auzins after just over 4 minutes of play. The night got worse for the Phantoms when on 8 minutes Edgars Bebris was adjudged a Match Penalty by referee Matt Thompson for a Check to the Head on Callum Buglass.

The ensuing 5 minute Swindon Powerplay saw Tom Rutkis double the visitors lead on 12 minutes. A minute later and the Wildcats also saw a player thrown out of the game when Neil Liddiard was given a Match Penalty, later downgraded to a Game penalty, for a Boarding hit on Marc Levers.

Phantoms finally found a way past Hedley on 15 minutes when Craig Scott netted the teams first goal of the game to make it 1-2 at the first interval.

The second period started with the Phantoms raising their game as they looked to take control in front of their fans. A late hit by Floyd Taylor on Connor Stokes on 22.15 saw Stokes hit out at Taylor before Phantoms Will Weldon and Craig Wallis both stepped into the fray with Wildcats John Stratford and Floyd Taylor. When all the penalties were finally totted up, the Phantoms found themselves on a 2 minute powerplay.

As both teams returned to 5 on 5, the PHantoms drew level with their visitors when Lloyd Gibson laid the puck off to Ales Padelek to fire high into the Wildcats net on 25 minutes.

Jan Kostal gave the visitors a 3-2 lead on 29 minutes but Milan Baranyk found the back of the Wildcats net on 33 minutes to see the game go in all square at 3-3 for the second break.

The final period saw both teams start off playimng a cagey game, as they looked for the goal that would give them the advantage. It was the Phantoms who made the most of their opportunities and Will Weldon picked up his own rebound, after Hedley had saved his initial shot, to give them a 4-3 advantage on 51 minutes.

Six minutes later and Darius Pliskauskas netted his first of the night to give Slava Koulikovs team a 5-3 lead. A late goal by Tomasz Malasinski pulled one back for the Wildcats on 58 minutes, but it wasn;t to be enough and the Phantome enjoyed the victory and the 4 point weekend.