Week 4 of the 2016/17 English Premier League saw the Phantoms travel to Hull on Saturday night to face the Pirates, before hosting the Telford Tigers 24 hours later.

Saturday’s game saw the Phantoms fall behind to the Hull Pirates after just 55 seconds of the opening period. Pirates Jason Hewitt rushed through and although Adam Long saved the initial shot, Hewitt managed to poke his own rebound into the Phantoms goal.

Phantoms applied the pressure on the home side in the opening 20 minutes, outshooting them by 11-4, but Jordan Marr ensured the Phantoms were being blanked on every attack.

The second period saw the Pirates get back into their stride, but despite both teams coming close to scoring it was still a 1-0 game going into the final stanza.

A five-minute spell early in the third saw the Pirates claim the points. James Chilcott netted on the powerplay on 41 minutes after Phantoms Petr Stepanek was sitting a roughing call. On 46 minutes Lee Bonner scored the Pirates third and final goal to claim the points.

After Saturday’s road loss the Phantoms faced a tough clash on Sunday when the table-topping Telford Tigers came to town.

Adam Long was once again in goal for the Phantoms, whilst Polish Internation netminder Ondrej Raszka was between the posts for the Tigers.

The opening 20 minutes saw frantic non-stop action as both teams looked to take an early lead, in what looked like it would be a battle to see which of the teams was the fittest after 60 minutes.

It took until the midway point of the game for the first goal of the night when Marc Levers fired the Phantoms into the lead on 29.02. On 34 minutes it was 2-0 to the home side when Ales Padelek converted Petr Stepanek’s pass to fire past Raszka.

A minute later and the Tigers got themselves on the scoresheet as Corey McEwen, son of Peterborough Legend Doug McEwen, made it a 2-1 game going into the final period.

Tigers drew the game level on 46.08 when Jason Silverthorn fired home from the slot and then took the lead for the first time in the game on 50.16 through former Phantom Joe Miller.

A dramatic end to the game was on the cards as the Phantoms applied the pressure on the visitors for the last 5 minutes of the period. With 22 seconds left Phantoms pulled Adam Long for the extra attacker and with just 3 seconds remaining n the clock Marc Levers picked up the puck at the back post and lifted it over Raszka to send the game to overtime.

 After a scoreless 5 minutes of 3-on-3 overtime, the game went to penalty shots. In the opening round, Milan Kolena scored for the Tigers, before Ales Padelek netted for the Phantoms.

Round 2 saw Adam Long save Jason Silverthorn’s attempt and Petr Stepanek score for the Phantoms.

Next up was Michal Satek, knowing he had to score to keep the Tigers in the game, but youngster Adam Long stood tall and blanked the Tigers hitman to hand the Phantoms the victory.