A run of three weekends of Saturday home games for the Phantoms saw the Hull Pirates visit Peterborough for Week 7, before a Phantoms roadtrip to Telford on the Sunday.

Phantoms went into the weekend missing Connor Glossop, Sam Towner and Tom Stubley but dominated Saturdays game from the opening face off to the final buzzer.

Star of Saturday night was Darius Pliskauskas who helped himself to 4 goals as the Phantoms ran out 8-3 victors against the Hull Pirates.

It was Petr Stepanek who opened the Phantoms account on 6.25 of the opening period, before Pliskauskas doubled the Phantoms lead on 10.13.

Pirates Captain Nathan Salem pulled a goal back for the visitors early in the middle period against the run of play. On 31 minutes Pliskauskas netted his second of the night to give the Phantoms their two goal advantage back as the teams went int othe final period.

Any chance of a Pirates fightback were quashed in the opening 10 minutes of the third period as the Phantoms tormented Pirates netminder Jordan Marr. The period was just 90 seconds old when Petr Stepanek setup Ales Padelek for his first of the night.

Pliskauskas secured his first hatrick of the season on 47.51 after some great build up work by Marc Levers and Ales Padelek. Martins Susters superb breakaway goal on 51.21 saw the youngster out skate two Pirates defenders before coolly slotting the puck past Ashley Smith who had replaced Marr in the Pirates goal.

Just 11 seconds later and it was 7-1 to the Phantoms as Pliskauskas netted for the fourth time, and Phantoms decided to give Adam long a spell in goal.

The next 2 minutes saw the teams trading goals. Pirates Player Coach Dominic Osman pulled a goal back for the visitors on 52.10. Phantoms Captain James Ferrara netted his 100th goal for the club on 54.41 to round off the Phantoms goals.

There was still time for one final goal when Ryan Watt netted a late consolation goal for the Pirates with 4 minutes of the game remaining but it wasn’t enough to send the Pirates home on the back of a 8-3 defeat.

Sundays trip to Telford saw Ben Russell added to the Phantoms list of injured players.

After the euphoria of Saturdays victory the Phantoms soon found themselves on the back foot as the Tigers Doug Clarkson netted after just a minute of the opening period.

Martins Susters netted his second of the weekend to draw the teams level on 4 minutes but a Matty Davies strike after 8 minutes and a Jason Silverthorn marker on 11 minutes saw the teams go into the first break with the home side holding a 3-1 lead.

Period 2 started where the first ended, with the Tigers the more dominant side. They extended their lead on 23.02 when Ricky Plant forced the puck home past Janis Auzins.

Darius Pliskauskas scored a second for the Phantoms midway through the period, but any hopes of a fightback were ended when Silverthorn scored his second of the night on 32.22 and then Doug Clarkson netted his second of the night on 37.44 to make it a 6-2 game.

The final 20 minutes saw the Phantoms keep pushing forward, but the Tigers were happy to sit deep and defend their lead. A late goal from Petr Stepanek on 57.36  came as a late consolation but the Phantoms had to settle for another .50 weekend and a 6-3 defeat.