Week 10 saw the Phantoms return to their usual Saturday Away and Sunday Home game format. A trip to Humberside on Saturday to face the Hull Pirates was followed by the visit of the table topping Telford Tigers to Peterborough on Sunday Evening.

With these teams sitting first and second in the League, it wasn’t going to be an easy weekend for the Phantoms.

Saturdays game in Hull saw both teams trade an equal number of shots on the netminders in the opening 20 minutes, but it was the home team who went in with a 3 goal advantage. Jonathan Kirk netted twice in two minutes to open the scoring for the Pirates before Andrej Themar made it 3-0 after just 12 minutes.

Nathan Salem added to the Phantoms woes on 28.56 and four minutes later Ugnius Cizas made it 5-0 to the homeside as they looked to avenge their 8-3 recent loss in Peterborough.

On 35.17 the Phantoms finally found a way past Jordan Marr in the Pirates goal, as Petr Stepanek picked out Ales Padelek to score on the powerplay.

A minute into the final stanza and the Phantoms mini-revival saw Owen Griffith fire past Marr to make it 5-2.

Phantoms continued to push forward but after 47.43 they were caught on the breakaway and Jaroslav Sarsok scored the home sides 6th goal of the night. The goal signalled then end of Janis Auzins game as he was replaced by Adam Long.

Darius Pliskauskas halved the deficit on 51.15, with the Phantoms third goal, but it was to be the final points of the night as the Phantoms fell to a 6-3 road defeat.

After tasting defeat at the hands of the second placed team in the league on Saturday, the Phantoms faced the table topping Telford Tigers on Sunday.

Phantoms opened the scoring after just 3 minutes when Wehebe Darge fired the puck past Ondrej Raszka. Phantoms controlled the opening period with Darius Pliskauskas and Ales Padelek both coming close to extending the Phantoms lead.

Tigers Doug Clarkson drew the teams level on 15 minutes to make it all square at one apiece at the opening break.

The middle period saw both teams test their opponents netminders but with Auzins and Raszka standing tall it was still level pegged going into the final 2 minutes of the period. That all changed on 38.10 when the Phantoms were awarded a penalty shot after Petr Stepanek was hooked back on the breakaway. Stepanek’s penalty shot saw him force Raszka into a attempted poke-check save before Stepanek coolly dragged the puck around his trailing leg and put it into the back of the net.

The final period saw the Phantoms building on the confidence of the 2-1 lead. Martins Susters extended that to a 3-1 lead on 51.48 when the puck found it’s way to him unmarked in the slot to give Raszka no chance of the save.

With the clock running down Tigers pulled Raszka for the extra skater but with 2 1/2 minutes of the game remaining, Janis Auzins picked out Owen Griffiths for Griffiths to fire the puck the length of the ice into the empty Tigers net to make it a 4-1 Phantoms victory.